Saturday, January 25, 2014

Strange Red Winter Berries


Living as I do in the winter-worn state of Minnesota, I get used to seeing a lot of gray outside during the wintertime. The other day offered something of a break in the cold, and -- when I went outside and saw these colorful berries, I took pictures. I'm not sure what kind of berries these are (or even, if they are really berries at all!), and wouldn't you know that the wind was blowing as I was trying to make three exposures, hand-held (i.e., no setting up the tripod in the snow for this particular shot.) Thankfully, Photomatix was able to successfully merge my three exposures (spaced at three; it's amazing what Photomatix can do when it comes to such photo merges), and after a little tinkering... voila! HDR red winterberries! (Or, whatever they are!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment