Sunday, January 26, 2014

Having Some Optical Illusionary Fun


Ok. I admit that my optical illusion pic is not nearly as cool as some of the other optical illusion pictures out there.  But the more that I stare at this image, the less I see it for what it really is. (Does this make any sense?)

Maybe I'm trying really hard to not see it -- for what it really is. Maybe I'm  thinking too hard, that it would somehow be so much cooler... if it were something else? As I said, the more that I stare at it, the wider the lines seemed to be at the bottom, building up into the vanishing point of the circle at the top. This makes me start to think that it looks like a pyramid... a pyramid whose point disappears into some kind of circular doughnut?


Ok, I give, I give. It's really a water tower. I was shooting from the base of the water tower looking up. It was already a fairly gray water tower, shooting up into a fairly gray sky, on a boring, not much exciting to see (like pyramids) gray winter day. (I'm really not depressed or anything; I'm just playing with you. Remember? I'm having some optical illusionary fun. Thanks for looking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment