Sunday, January 5, 2014

"O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree" (sung in Italian)

While we were eating lunch at a local (relatively speaking) Italian restaurant, there was this Christmas tree around the corner from our booth. It made such an impression on us that we went to the local Joann's and bought some clearance tree ribbon and some flowers to stick in our tree next year.

I don't know if this is the kind of restaurant that would be all that excited about me setting up my tripod, so I shot this one hand-held. (Getting 3-exposures for HDR in restaurant lighting isn't the easiest thing to do, but I tried anyway. I went to ISO-200 to help a little bit with the shutter speed. I knew that holding the camera still for the brightest exposure was going to be rough.)

I ran the three exposures (-3, 0, +3) (why did I not think to drop it back to -1, 0, +1???) through Photomatix, and then I sent it over to Corel Aftershot Pro for noise reduction with the Noise Ninja. All in all, I like the result:


No comments:

Post a Comment