Friday, January 31, 2014

Impressionistic Sunset (Looking for the Transit of Venus)


As I looked closely at the unedited version of my picture here, looking for the Transit of Venus, I did not find the planet (which was probably hidden behind the street light, anyway.) Instead, I found all sorts of dust specks in my picture (yuck!). 

Rather than trash the picture, I took it over to Photoshop Elements 2.0. I applied the Dust & Scratches filter (Radius 37 pixels, Threshold 9 levels) and... voila! The dust specks are gone! Together with the dust specks, you've also lost the street lamppost (or, from what you can see of it, it looks nothing like a street lamppost) as well as the trees looking anything like... trees. But, since you couldn't see Venus anyway, the image has been somewhat salvaged to leave you with a pretty picture of the setting sun. (Canon XTi; June 5, 2012). 


No comments:

Post a Comment