Friday, December 6, 2013

Selfies (Part 1)

I think we're all familiar with the typical 'selfie' -- stretch your camera out to arm's length and click. (Yes, I've taken those, too.) Aside from that typical way of taking self-portraits, you also can get some nice variations by taking pictures of yourself on any reflective surface. The surface does not necessarily need to be the flat, clear surface of a mirror; the lack of clarity may add an interesting element to the image.

Here is the regular me selfie:


Here is the HDR-me selfie. (Typically, rendering people in HDR is generally frowned upon; for one, it can bring out weird and unflattering skin-tones. Nevertheless, bucking conventional wisdom, I HDRed myself, and I really liked the way that the HDR brought out the reflection in my glasses. I'm sure that the pros would have Photoshopped the HDR glasses onto the regular-me photo. Maybe some day I will join their ranks....)


This is a selfie of my dad and I. We were walking through The Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, Michigan, and I took our picture in the reflection of one of the camper vehicles.


This is a Disney World window selfie. (I'm pretty sure the reflection made me taller....)


No comments:

Post a Comment