Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I'm Pretty Sure this Should Not Look So Pretty...

On the day that I took this picture, my camera was a tool to help me find something that had been hidden in a local treasure hunt. Thus, I did not have the camera set to RAW but was shooting in JPEG. And: The subjects weren't really set up all that well, nor thought through very thoroughly...

I thought that maybe the thing which I was looking for had been hidden inside of this drainage pipe. Seeing the clouds reflected in the water, I took a picture.

Fast forward two months, and I run this JPEG through Photomatix 5... twice. Is there too much color? Probably. Does it look pretty? Well, I like it.

(09/24/13, Sony NEX-7, Photomatix 5)


(I thought about including this in my 'boring America' series... if you can make interesting pictures out of a drainage ditch, you can do anything!)

(But, then I thought, "That just might be going a little too far...".)

No comments:

Post a Comment