Friday, February 14, 2014

Red Berries and Purple Branches -- "Baby, It's Cold Outside!"


Throughout much of the year here in Minnesota, I get a song in my head (at least -- the refrain,) that describes our climate: "Baby, it's cold outside!" 

This thought was likewise running through my head as I processed this particular 'single image' file in Photomatix. Scrolling through the presets, I noticed several options that gave the branches in this image a light purple shade. Seeing this effect, I started singing (in my head) -- and thought "Wow! Purple tree branches are just about the perfect tribute for just how cold it gets here in Minnesota; even the branches can turn purple!" 

(Ok, ok -- I know that the tree really wasn't cold, and that maybe this particular kind of tree has branches that are naturally purple, or maybe there is some purple hue in the color spectrum that was just hiding there in these branches, waiting for someone with a fancy computer program to bring it out. Even still.. . it was pretty cold outside.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment