Monday, February 10, 2014

Meerkat from the Potter Park Zoo


To say that it was 'overcast' on the day that I took this zoo photo would be a little bit of an understatement; we were carrying umbrellas and actually got ourselves caught in an all-out downpour! 

My suspicion is that the conditions of the day had something to do with the color (or lack thereof) that I found in most of my meerkat photos. Meerkats are great little posers (a lot like prairie dogs), but most of my meerkat photos turned out featuring gray-ish animals that blended into a gray-ish background. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for. 

I did find one exception. (Ok, if I were to put a little more effort into it, I might be able to find a few more....) I had 3 exposures of this meerkat image that I sent through through Photomatix (-1, 0, +1) and then doctored the image up quite a bit, managing to pull out some color. As compared to the other images that turned out really gray, I was really pleased to be able to make this meerkat come out with a reddish-brownish tint.  


No comments:

Post a Comment