Monday, February 3, 2014

Pretty Little Colorful Zoo Bird

This is a zoo bird, although I don't know exactly what kind of zoo bird this is. (I'm sure it's a common, easily identifiable bird to those of you who know a little bit more about birds than I do.) I took this picture back in 2002 at the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo. If memory serves me correctly, this bird was part of an enclosed aviary exhibit, where the birds flew freely and visitors could walk right through. This section of the zoo was especially nice for photography, as you didn't have to shoot through mesh or nets or glass -- you had a direct line of sight to the birds. I especially liked this bird, because it was so colorful -- yellow, blue, and red. 

Below, you first see my HDR-edited version of this picture. (I took the original and generated darker and lighter exposures in Elements 2.0, and then I ran all of the files through Photomatix.) For comparison, I also provided the original image (which is the second picture below). 



No comments:

Post a Comment