Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Rocky Canadian Islands of Lake of the Woods

On this Thanksgiving Day, I'm thinking again of our trip to Canada this past summer. I'm grateful for the opportunity to have gone and to have spent time with family and friends.

Looking back through my pictures, I am reminded of how struck I was by the fact that many of the islands in Lake of the Woods (realizing that this is a generalization, and that generalizations can only go so far...) seem to simply be 'big rocks' sticking out of the lake. The island where we stayed (Spruce Island) seemed to be a typical example. By 'big rock sticking out of the lake', you can see what I mean in the pictures below:

(09/16/13)


(09/16/13, one of my typical 'selfies')


(09/17/13)



I realize that the following picture has way too much color in the rock along the shoreline (and in the trees), but I really liked the way that the sky turned out...

(09/20/13)


Happy Thanksgiving Day (U.S.) everybody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment