Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Night Fishing (for Pictures) in Canada

This past summer, the family and I went up to an island in Lake of the Woods -- Spruce Island, to do a little fishing. The trip was very instructive for me on several levels, especially as my camera was still new (to me) and I was continuing to learn all sorts of things about my camera (stumbling into all sorts of new (to me) things that I could do with my new camera, etc.).

While everyone else was sleeping, I would get up early (or go out late) to take pictures. (My theory was that I would try to take enough pictures, so that when they were all ready to go out fishing, I could put the camera away and actually be of some help to them with the fishing.) Shooting under these low light conditions, the camera would automatically use a longer shutter speed to take in more light in order to actually achieve a picture (which, was something new to me).

The following picture was taken at 5:30 a.m. (sunrise was around 7 a.m.) First, you see the RAW file converted to a JPEG without edits:

(9/19/13, Sony NEX-7)


And here it is, rendered with a little help from the editing programs:


No comments:

Post a Comment