Monday, November 18, 2013

I just HDR-ed a Cabbage!

Sometimes, when photographers are new to HDR, they fall for the temptation to try to HDR everything. Yet, there's an old saying -- that not everything is meant to be rendered in HDR. Somethings just don't look right (for example, people pictures often don't turn out well).

As I put up this picture, I'm kind of torn on this one. While walking around the Community Gardens with my Sony NEX-7 camera, I saw this cabbage and felt obliged to take its picture.

Reasons to HDR a cabbage: Cabbages are an easy subject to catch in multiple exposures. (They are fairly stationary. Unlike other subjects, they don't move much.) It also looks pretty cool when you are able to make the veins on the cabbage really stand out.

Reasons against HDR-ing a cabbage: It's a cabbage. Who wants to look at an HDR cabbage?

(08/23/13)


No comments:

Post a Comment