Thursday, December 7, 2017

Orange Butterfly, Green Leafy Plant (AuroraHDR, Graphic Novel filter)

I tried a variety of different layering ideas out today, processing a photo from 2014 with the new Aurora HDR 2018 and then using Photoshop Elements for the Graphic Novel filter and to layer the images together.

The first image is the version of the original that I edited in Photoshop.


This is the Aurora HDR edit that I made. The "orange" butterfly came out brown, but I like how the leaf under the butterfly's wing looks more like a leaf and less like a white splotch under the butterfly's wing.


My first "something different" that I tried with today's photo was to layer the original edit (#1 above) and the Aurora edit (#2 above) together. Does it bring out the best of both worlds?


This is the Graphic Novel filter version that I produced from Photoshop.


First, I layered the original image (#1 above) into the Graphic Novel image above:


And then, I tried layering the Aurora HDR image (#2 above) in the Graphic Novel filter image.


Those are my images for today. Thanks for stopping by and for looking at my pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment