Saturday, November 26, 2016

Series: Dark Trees (1 of 3)

Today's images are the first in a three part series of dark trees. Actually, it'll be the same tree, but the position of the tree will be slightly different. In today's image, it's a straight up rule of thirds framing, with the bottom horizontal third of the image being the snowy foreground, the left vertical third roughly lining up with the subject tree. What I found wanting in this image was that I wanted to see more of the tree; it felt to me like the tree was missing, or at least, most of it. Maybe that's because I know what the rest of the scene looks like. 


The black and white stamp filtered version, like the original on which it was based, came out dark, although the middle layer of snow might stand out a little bit more in this image than in the previous one.


My final editing attempt added the color back into the image. This may have helped to lighten a very dark image up, but I think that I might like the darker version better.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment