Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Junco Redux (Graphic Novel filter)

This is more of an "apples to apples" comparison, as I had processed this same Junco image six months ago using AuroraHDR and the Photoshop Elements Graphic Novel filter. The black and white version is much better defined and less splotchy; the colorized version is not as dark.

What I did this time around was I took the original image and processed several different exposure levels on AuroraHDR for a composite HDR image. When I tried processing that file with the Graphic Novel filter, I really didn't like how it turned out. So, I processed several different exposures using the Graphic Novel filter, took those files back to Aurora HDR, and brought the resulting HDR Graphic Novel image back to Photoshop Elements, where I layered the color image into the file.  

Here is the BW Graphic Novel image from 6 months ago:


And here is the recently processed version:


Here is the older colorized version:


And here is the one that I processed yesterday.


Thanks for stopping by and looking at my pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment