Saturday, October 29, 2016

Fly Away, Chickadee

In order to capture an image like this one, my camera needed to have a crazy high shutter speed. (I usually do well hand-holding the camera at a shutter speed of 1/25 sec. or faster.) This image was shot at 1/800 sec., which I achieved by setting my camera ISO higher (at ISO-1600). I also dropped my exposure bias to -1.7, making the image darker (and also, then, quicker.) The problem here is that all sorts of noise was then captured in the image. While a noise reduction filter helps, the noise is still present - as you can see quite vividly in the stamp filter image (the second one.) With better lighting conditions, you can get a better image. However, the chickadee wasn't sitting around under studio lights, and so you sometimes have to take the image that you can get.



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment