Sunday, October 23, 2016

Bicycle House (Stamp Filter)

When it comes to something like buildings, I would expect the stamp filter to be able to make some nice images, given that buildings are made up of... straight lines. (Rocket science, right?) So, for today's images, I used this picture of a building with bicycles decorating the wall. (It's a bicycle shop.)


If first turned this into a stamp filtered image, level 5 light/dark. On its own, this isn't a bad "line drawing," but in my black and white images, I like the depth that is added by more shading.


So I generated a darkness/light 10 image:


And 15:


And by the time you get to twenty, the twenty image (on its own) is really dark. (They do get darker, but this is as dark as I went for this project.)


I layered them all together, starting with the first image (the 5), and then adding in the darker layers at lesser levels of opacity. The 10 - 75%, the 15 - 50%, and the 20 - 25%. After a little bit of Photoshop touch-up, I had the following image:


One more thing that I like to do is to layer the color image back into the stamp filtered image. For this project, I did so at a 60% opacity.


That's it! I'm still experimenting with the process, but that's the general course that I follow in generating my stamp filtered images. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment