Sunday, June 22, 2014

Stop, Drop, and Roll Robin


I am affectionately referring to this one as my 'stop, drop, and roll robin'. When I originally set up my birdfeeder with jelly in the basin, the first rain turned it into a birdbath. A robin stopped in, but I can't imagine that it felt too clean -- having splashed around in my jelly water.

Since the addition of the glasses for the jelly, the rain doesn't make the bird feeder quite as nasty as I imagine that it had been. However, it's still pretty rare for me to see a robin land there.

For this picture, my camera was set to ISO-100, so it wasn't really ready for an 'action' shot. Between this robin landing and then rolling of the robin to fly away, the camera picked up the red from the robin's breast and transposed that color over top of the rest of the image, which... kind of makes this one special.

No comments:

Post a Comment