Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Lamppost Bird in Motion Fusion (with Photomatix)


I sometimes like to merge together action photos in Photomatix, as in the photo above -- where the bird is flying from inside the lamp post up to the top of the lamppost. All of the images were taken at the same exposure. (Photomatix picked this up from the EXIF information, requesting that I manually input the exposure levels. I simply went with the lowest possible option and said that the images were 1/3 apart.) Afterwards, I cropped the image in AfterShot Pro. And then (because the image was noisy), I went to Photoshop Elements and applied the SmartBlur filter. I think that this image would have been better if I had been shooting at a higher ISO (this one was ISO-200, clocking in at 1/200 sec.), where I might have been able to get a better definition on the bird's wings. Overall, though,I am pleased with the way that this image turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment