Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Honey Bee in the Crab Apple Blossoms


The crab apple tree in my yard is almost in full bloom, and the tree is literally buzzing with activity. Literally. When you stand under the tree, it hums from the buzz of the swarm of bees overhead; it's actually quite something to experience.

Taking these pictures was an experience for which I was glad to use my telephoto lens. The lens is nothing too fancy - the 55-210mm from Sony. It allows me to be far enough away so that I'm not right on top of the bees (I'd rather leave them alone and hope that they also leave me alone, rather than invade their personal space) and yet get a fairly decent close-up picture. There actually is a honey bee in one of the clusters of flowers toward the top of this particular image.

No comments:

Post a Comment