Friday, May 2, 2014

Fusion of an Orange Rose (with Walkthrough GIF)

This little orange rose is on the plant that I brought home for Valentine's Day this year. I made a GIF (below), giving a basic walkthrough to show how I processed this image on Photomatix 5. On the GIF, you see the 11 exposures that were fused together to form this image. I used Photomatix's "Natural" preset, and then increased the orange and the green in the image in the final edits. To make the GIF, I used Photoshop Elements 2 (I know, dark ages), pasting together several layers and then saving the whole thing "for web" in order to make the GIF animation. Beneath the GIF below, you will also see an alternate version of this orange rose image; the second version was tonemapped in Photomatix. 




No comments:

Post a Comment