Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Graphic Novelization of a Favorite Tree Photo

Here's an old favorite photo (from four years ago) that I processed with Photomatix. I kept this one as my desktop background picture for a while. 


The image had all of the workings for what goes in to a great graphic novel filter image: Wood grain, tree branches, winding roots, grass. I made four different light levels of Graphic Novel filter images and layered them all together in Photoshop Elements:


Finally, I added the color back into the graphic novel image. It's interesting to compare the original HDR above with the colorized graphic novel below. I think the lines in the graphic novel image help to give better definition to the image.


Thanks for stopping by and looking at my pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment