Sunday, February 11, 2018

Graphic Novel Filter Helps a Blurry Cardinal (AuroraHDR, Photoshop Elements)

I have ended up with any number of photos, like the one below, where I'm trying to take a picture of an animal, and the subject is... moving... too much for my camera to keep up. (Or more accurately, for the settings at which I have set my camera to be able to keep up.) The image of the cardinal below, processed on AuroraHDR, is one such image. 


Rather than send the image to the Recycling Bin as being completely worthless, I decide to see if there isn't perhaps something I can do to salvage the image. Below, I have applied Photoshop's Graphic Novel filter, having tweaked especially the "Clean Look" setting and the "Thickness" setting.


Finally, for the color effect, I layered the Graphic Novel image above into the color image at 35% opacity. My opacity level varies from time to time. For this image, I wanted the strength of the lines in the Graphic Novel to stand out over the blurry chaos of the original image.


I don't know what you think, but I think that the Graphic Novel filter at least helped out this blurry cardinal to be a little bit more interesting of an image than it otherwise would have been. Thanks for stopping by and looking at my pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment