Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Out, Spot! (AuroraHDR, MagicFill, Graphic Novel filter)

As I was revisiting some more of my old photos, I couldn't help but think of the line from Macbeth, in which Lady Macbeth imagined blood on her hands and madly cried, "Out, spot!" (Ok, she said a little bit more than that, but you get the idea.)

My spot was actually 'spots' -- somewhere inside the camera. These spots show up especially well when you take sky pictures (which is what they do after cleaning a camera: they take sky pictures to see if the spots are all gone.) 

Well, I Corel Paintshop Pro has a handy dandy MagicFill button, which allows you to circle unwanted objects (like dust or water spots) and it's supposed to... poof! magically make them go away. As you can see in picture number two below, it actually does more of a blurring of the selected area, drawing on the area around it for help in doing so. Is it useful? So-so.

What I really liked was how the image processed with the Graphic Novel filter. Working from the "Twisted" something-or-other preset, I managed to black out the offending area and get my bird in its branches in silhouette. I especially like how the image turned out as I layered the color back into the black and white version.

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my pictures!

Aurora HDR edit


Paintshop "MagicFill"


Photoshop Elements Graphic Novel filter


Colorized Graphic Novel filter



No comments:

Post a Comment