Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Pink and Green Foliage (Stamp Filter)

I really liked the little pink leafy flowers (?) in this photo. I think they appear best in the first image, which is the least processed image of the group below. 


When I processed the image in Photomatix for HDR (works better for the stamp filter,) the veins and spots became really pronounced on the pink leaves. Some of the leaves were unaffected, almost having a butterfly-like appearance to them.


The black and white stamp filtered image improved the blurry background leaves, and I like how the little berries become pronounced, but there was too much light for some of the middle-ground pink leaves, whiting them out completely.


The blended (layered with opacity) regular image and HDR image makes for something of a happy medium, at least in terms of bringing back some of the pink flowers that the light whited out in the original image. However, we still have those unflattering spots on the pink leaves that are darkened by the HDR process.


I think my vote is still with the first image.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment