Friday, August 5, 2016

Bluebird Palooza

If you look at all of my labels on the side, you might think that I went nuts with the editing programs on today's image. I had recently been reading an advertisement for the new version of DxO Optics Pro, and remembering that I had an older version, I thought I would give my older version a try. 

The first image was edited in DxO Optics Pro and Photoshop Elements.


The second image was edited in DxO Optics Pro, followed by Photomatix, then Photoshop Elements.


The third image was processed in Photomatix and then edited in Photoshop Elements.


I like the first image the best, except for the really hot spot that you get on the bird where it is whited out. That spot mostly goes away in the Photomatixed images, but the particular HDR setting that I used gave the image a gritty feeling to it (which is great, if you like that kind of thing in your HDR images. Sometimes I do; sometimes I don't.)

Seeing that I don't use DxO Optics Pro on any kind of regular basis, I'm sure that if I played around with it, I would discover something interesting that I liked about the program. The advertisements for version 10 sounded interesting, but... there's no sense jumping into a new program when you don't even use the old one that you already have.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment