Monday, October 19, 2015

Flicker Looking for Bugs in the Dirt (Dry Brush Filter)


My favorite part about watching flickers is the dance that the birds do in the spring. Back in the spring of the year, we had a pair of flickers up in the tree outside of our house. It was the first that I had seen of the flickers, or at least, the first that I had noticed (because I was looking for birds with my camera.) Upon noticing the flickers in the tree, I watched them do a "dance" - a coordinated choreography in which they nodded back and forth to each other on the tree. I'm sure that it was some kind of courtship (being spring and all.) The picture above, taken in mid-summer, is not nearly as interesting, where the lone flicker is looking for bugs in the dirt, which is pretty much what I saw the flicker doing for the next several months after I first noticed it. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment