Monday, October 5, 2015

Butterfly-palooza Day 26: Doris (Dry Brush Filter)

There may come a point with these butterflies where one begins to look just about the same as the last one. ("Didn't I just post a picture of black butterfly with large sections of orange in the interior parts of its wings and white spots toward the outside?" -- I probably thought something similar when I was looking at the butterflies at The Original Butterfly House on Mackinac Island; "Hey, didn't I just see this butterfly?")

Yet, at least for me, the advantage comes in looking at the pictures after the fact to realize all of the amazing little details and the differences between them. Orange, black, and white -- yes. But, there's something different in the spots on this one, and the orange sections flare out into points along the bottom of the butterfly. And, speaking of points, the orange sections are pointing to a row of white dots along the bottom edge of the butterfly's wings!

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!


(Googling the cropped version below, I came up with the name of this butterfly: The Laparus doris viridis.)


No comments:

Post a Comment