Friday, March 6, 2015

Tiger at the Zoo

I'm a little late for throwback Thursday, but the original for this image was taken in St. Louis back in 2005 on my Sony Cybershot DSC-F707. The original file was a JPEG, which I ran through Photomatix for HDR effect with the following result. 


I like the original tonemapped version, but, in the spirit of trying things out to see if you can make a good thing better, I took the result over to Photoshop Elements to see what would happen if I applied the Dry Brush filter.


I'm not as crazy about the result that I got here this time. I think it's because the original image was so small, and even when I dropped the Dry Brush filter brush size back to "1", it was still a little big for the image size, resulting in a little more blurring than I would have liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment