Sunday, March 1, 2015

Return of the Junco (Dry Brush / Platinum filters)

Today's post includes two versions of a photo (taken yesterday). As I opened the curtain looking out on to my deck, I saw, on the edge of the deck, a Dark-Eyed Junco. And then, I saw several of them, but as soon as they saw me (and before I could return with my camera,) they all left my deck and made for the tree line on the edge of my property. (Figures.) I did manage to get a few shots, and I liked the effect that Photoshop's Dry Brush filter added to this image, as well as the old-time look that the Platinum "Time Machine" effect (PaintShop) gave to the image, so I included both in today's post. Thanks for stopping by!



Also, I might mention a bizarre thing that happened with my camera today. I've been having a problem reported elsewhere online, in which my Sony NEX-6 can't seem to lock on to an F-stop setting and then it resets itself. There was a new problem today, in which the camera gave me a malfunction message and asked me to turn it off and turn it on again. I turned the switch to do so, and the camera would not power up. I waited, tried it again, but to no effect. Finally, I pulled out the battery, waited, re-inserted the battery, and that seems to have done the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment