Monday, April 7, 2014

Sesqui... Post about a Rose Bud Beginning to Open Amidst Green Leaves


Normally we kill plants. Not intentionally. It just happens. 

Somehow, this Valentine's Day mini-rose plant not only managed to survive. (Ok, we lost 2 of 4 plants in the pot, but -- on the survivors, we're actually seeing growth and flowers!) Woohoo!

As I look at my blogger publisher table, I also see that this will be my 150th post since I started posting a picture every day. So, happy sesqui... blog post everybody!

As I started taking pictures of the image above, I tried to get in as close as possible to the rose bud, to see how much of the frame I could actually fill with this tiny flower. (It seems much smaller in person.) Here's one of the earlier images:


It's nice enough, but looking at the frame, I thought that maybe the image would be stronger if I backed out and included the full three-leaf cluster on the right hand side. Something still seems slightly 'off' about my balance (I think that I was trying to prevent more 'plant' from coming into the frame, part of my problem in the original...), yet, overall, I am pleased with the result. Thanks again for looking at my post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment