Saturday, April 26, 2014

Junco Scavenging the Bird Seed


Unless I've missed my guess, this is (once again) one of the female Juncos that has been visiting my deck for the past couple of weeks, looking for the bird seed that I have been scattering out there. I shoot these pictures through my patio door window. (This image was a single exposure tonemapped in Photomatix.) I had been spreading the seed out at the furthest end of the deck, and my son said, "Why don't you sprinkle the bird seed a little closer to the window?" So, I did. And: The bird came much closer to the window... which made for a much closer image of the bird. (Who would have thought? I guess I wasn't sure whether the birds would be brave enough to get that close to the window, with me and my camera on the other side.) Even still, I did crop this image, although the bird was much closer here than in many of my other images.

No comments:

Post a Comment