Saturday, April 12, 2014

Light Pink Sunset in the Cloudy Sky


Out at the city park where the local lake is still (mostly) frozen, the sun was setting behind the trees in the background of the local fishing pier. Shooting handheld on the exposure bracketing setting, it was easy to get the minus 3 and the 0 exposures; the tricky shot is the plus three. I made the shot several times, and the brightest exposure always came out blurry. Two tricks I tried to steady the shot: I balanced the camera on a post, which was somewhat effective. (It was still hit or miss as to whether I could hold the camera steady enough to get the least blurry shot.) The other trick was to sit down, hold the camera on my leg, and take the shot. I think that this trick worked a little bit better, as there was 'more' underneath the camera to keep it from moving. (Again, it didn't do as good of a job as a tripod would have done, but in the situation, I think it was the best option available.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment