Monday, February 4, 2019

Armored Figure on Horseback by Eugène Delacroix (Graphic Novel filter)

So this one proved to be more of a challenge than some of my other edited pictures. Once again, I am working with an image that I picked up from the Cleveland Museum of Art. This one is called "Armored Figure on Horseback" by Eugène Delacroix. Here is the original image with which I was working:


I wanted to crop the image, because it's really a sketch and seems like more of a study than an actual picture in its own right. Yet, my usual 2x3 and 3x2 ratio crops weren't really able to produce something that I liked. So, I opted for a square crop, as seen below.


I processed this image with one of AuroraHDR's preset settings:


Took the resulting image above over to Photoshop Elements and used the Graphic Novel filter for the image below.


I am happy with the above image. But, I thought I would try layering the colored version into the HDR version.


Thanks for stopping by and looking at my pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment