Saturday, September 23, 2017

Duck in the Water (Stamp filter)

Among the problem of water and sky pictures I find the appearance of spots from an unclean camera. Absolutely frustrating. The biggest one that I've run into, or so I've been told (or maybe I've been had?) is called a 'water spot,' with moisture somehow having gotten itself inside my camera. Be that what it may, there are filters that I've come across (especially in the Corel Paintshop Pro) that have been pretty good with allowing me to select a specific spot, which it then smooths over to match the surrounding area. Sometimes it works well. Sometimes it's weird. Today, I bypassed that whole thing and went straight for a stamp filter, which pretty much obliterates anything in the picture, particularly if you are cropping your image down into a small picture (as I did here to avoid the camera spots.) In addition to the stamp filtered image, I also included the original from which I made it. Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment