Saturday, February 4, 2017

Lion at the Zoo (Graphic Novel filter)

I've decided again to post my image (sorry, this image may not be reused) at full-size so that you can see all of the details from the Graphic Novel filter. The image is a zoo lion from a number of years back, hanging out on a large rock (fooling the tourists into thinking it was lazy and harmless?)  I think one of the things that the Graphic Novel filter accomplishes is a sensory overload; it brings out details in the image that you might otherwise overlook. (At least, I might otherwise overlook.) After processing an image with the Graphic Novel filter, I find myself looking at all sorts of line details that I hadn't otherwise noticed or paid much attention to. Are these details all that important? Perhaps not, yet I still find them interesting to look at. The effect reminds me of a highly detailed coloring book. 

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment