Saturday, December 3, 2016

Tree Reflected in Water

Today I have three versions of the image posted. The first is as close to the original as it gets. The original was shot in RAW format, I took it into Photoshop and saved it as a JPEG. No edits.

After I shot it, I realized that my camera had been left on a setting in which the exposure bias was dialed up, hence the brightness of the image. 


I ran the RAW file through Photomatix, and again, I am surprised at how much color the HDR process was able to draw out of the image. There's a sense of 'overkill' in the way that the colors don't feel real in the image.


I toned down the HDR image by layering the original over top of it at a 50% opacity. This helped to darken up and bring out a little bit of the color that was missing in the first image, while not seeming to go completely overboard in the color department.



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment