Friday, November 6, 2015

A Sparrow in the Grass is Worth Two in the...


For photos like this one, I usually go through a two-program process. I take the image file over to Paintshop Pro for its cropping feature. (there's something about it that I like better than the crop in Elements; in Elements, I always feel like I'm trying to hang on to the dotted box, and if I accidentally drop it, I can't resize it without starting over. In Paintshop, adjusting the dotted crop box is more intuitive.) Then, I take the cropped image file over to Elements (where I like the filters and editing features to adjust the image much better.) The sparrow here started out as a fairly green image. Even though I played around with the saturation and hue sliders, the overall picture still has something of a yellow hue to it. I didn't want to completely remove it, because I like the color on the bird. Hmm... Well, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment