Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Nuthatch on a Branch (Dry Brush Filter)


The nuthatch stopped by on my deck yesterday, but when I positioned myself to take a picture, I waited and waited and waited... (you get the idea -- no nuthatches.) While waiting, I watched my NEX-6 cycle through this problem (which I have read about elsewhere online): The camera fails to recognize the F-stop (it reads "--"), the screen goes bright/dark, and -- it's almost as though the camera is resetting itself. Sometimes, after going through this 5-second+ process, the camera recognizes an F-stop and starts to work again; other times, I have to turn the camera off/on to get it working again. I sent an email into Sony, and they gave me an 800 number to call, so... we'll see what happens. Anyway, I thought I would try updating the firmware to see if that changed things (I was on version 1.2, and there's a 1.3 out now.) Of course, while I was updating the firmware, a whole swarm of nuthatches (at least 2) descended upon my deck in a frenzy, picking up all of the seeds that they could find. So, today's picture is from November, back when I managed to get a shot in edgewise between the Nex-6 glitching-issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment