Sunday, January 25, 2015

Light Post, Lamppost (Cutout Filter)


So, for this image I was working with an old Nikon L2 Point & Shoot. I was out for a walk, and this camera was the one that I felt comfortable taking out with me in the winter weather. (Today was mild.) The L2 doesn't record anything other than JPEGs for image format, and the only kind of control that I could figure out were different settings between landscape, portrait, sports mode, etc. (In other words, no changing things like ISO or the exposure setting.) Walking downtown, I took a picture of one of the lampposts that line the street. As I ran the JPEG through Photomatix, closer examination revealed that these lampposts are really dirty. The blue colored sky in the background was really pretty, so I brought the image over to Photoshop and applied the cutout filter. I'm not sure that I'm completely sold on today's image, but it was an experiment, something to keep working at until I can make pictures that I like. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment