Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fallen Leaves (in Black and White)


These leaves were very sad. At least, I felt sad at the lack of color as I looked at these fallen leaves. They were all brown. Or, at least, mostly brown; there were some varying shades of brown among them. I thought I would try them out in black and white to see if it would be an improvement. Somehow, black and white makes this image look busier to me. Black and white levels the playing field, so that instead of having different parts of the image highlighted in brown, I found my focus drawn to the shapes of the leaves (which were not nearly as attention-grabbing to me in the color version.) Also, because it seems to me that the details in black and white (like the veins in the leaves) were more pronounced than in the color version. Still, whether in color or black and white, its a sad image.


No comments:

Post a Comment