Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Dead Tree (Dry Brush)

There's a pun in the title... "dead tree (dry brush)". Well, I thought it was funny. I applied the dry brush filter from Photoshop Elements to this photo, which I had first processed in Photomatix (and then changed the angle and cropped it in Aftershot Pro). Though the tree has obviously gone through some kind of trauma, I really liked the texture that was brought out in the wood. I also liked the color of the wood against the bark. When I look at the whole thing up close, the filter gives it an interesting touch. (It's not as easy to see the filter's effects when you look at the smaller version of the image.) It's interesting what the filters can do to bring out the colors and make a picture of a dead tree interesting. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment