Friday, July 18, 2014

Dragonfly on Deck


Shooting conditions when I take my "on deck" pictures are not exactly ideal. I'm shooting through a patio door window, which means that my lens quality is brought down considerably... to the level of the window glass (not exactly Zeiss, if you know what I mean...). I would shoot with the patio door open, but that would let bugs (like our friend here, the dragonfly) into the house. Besides, I have tried sitting out on the deck (and enduring the bugs), but... no surprise, as soon as the Sony shutter starts clicking, whatever I'm shooting (usually birds) flies away.

In spite of being shot through window glass, there are still some pretty nice details to be seen on the dragonfly picture that I took yesterday. I like seeing all of the fine details in the dragonfly's wings; it reminds me of a stained glass window (although, without the stained glass).

No comments:

Post a Comment