Thursday, January 3, 2019

Editing a Blurry Butterfly (Graphic Novel filter)

This butterfly was fairly blurry in my original image. (Perhaps it was something to do with the calibration of the auto-focus?) And finding any number of these kinds of photos in my collection, I've been trying to see what I can do to fix them up.

Trying out the settings on Photoshop Elements' Graphic Novel filter, I turned the line thickness on this edit all the way up as high as it would go. There usually reaches a point where turning up the line thickness produces an unpleasing effect, usually something like a double-line around the subjects of your image. I also tried out different options with the light/dark and contrast setting, and here's what I ended up with. I then also layered the color back into the image. Thanks for stopping by and looking at my pictures! :)



Here then also is the original (cropped) image from which I was working:



No comments:

Post a Comment