Saturday, August 19, 2017

Phoebe on a ... (Graphic Novel filter)

I desperately wanted to call this picture "Phoebe on a Tree-be," but it was so kitschy that I couldn't bring myself to do it. Besides, the Phoebe isn't on a tree; it's on a tree branch.

What I found challenging about this particular project was the darkness of the image. This was due partly to the shaded environment and partly to generating a shutter speed that would capture the subject. When I brightened the image, however, the white streak of a road in the background became overly bright, somewhat overshadowing the bird in the foreground. So... I brightened the image just a little, and I also merged the color with my Graphic Novel filtered version at 50% opacity. (My favorite of the three is the BW Graphic Novel version.)

Thanks for stopping by and for looking at my pictures! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment