Friday, April 15, 2016

Dark-Eyed Junco Groundfeeding (Dry Brush Filter)


One of my frustrations with the birds at my feeder is that they will pick through the seed, toss 3 for every 4 that they pick out, and leave a mess on the ground. (My issue, however, is not so much the mess as it is the waste!) Along comes the Junco. I don't think I've ever seen this bird up on the feeder; I think it prefers to take its seed off the ground. (Either that, or it prefers the lack of competition, as the other birds - the finches, the nuthatches, the chickadees - all take after the seed in the feeder and pretty much leave the ground stuff alone. (They've already picked it over, anyway.) So, I'm glad that something other than the squirrels is managing to get to the seed on the ground, and I'm especially pleased that it would be the Juncos, as they are among my favorite spring birds. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment