Thursday, February 25, 2016

Comparison Edits on a Nuthatch (Stamp Filter)


Here is a series of edits that I did beginning with a single RAW image file shot with a Sony NEX-7. The first is the original (edited) image of the nuthatch at the bird feeder. 


I took this original image and processed it on the Photoshop Stamp Filter changing the Light/Dark balance for 13 images, 1 through 13. I then took these 13 image files and layered them together. The lightest image was at 100% opacity, and for each succeeding (darker) image, the opacity was dropped 7 or 8%. The ending layered result was the image that follows:



For the final image, I took the 13 image files that I had created for my layered image above, and I processed those images as an HDR image on Photomatix, with the following result: 


The image with the biggest 'pop' is definitely the HDR image that was processed on Photomatix. When placed side-by-side with the Photoshop layered image, the Photoshop picture looks dull or muted.

I find it interesting to test out the different filters and see how they can be manipulated for cool effects. This has been fun! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment