Saturday, February 13, 2016

Chickadee in Flight (Glowing Edges)


Ok, I'll be the first to admit that today's picture is just a little weird, but... the picture started out as more or less unusable, which makes me kind of pleased to end up with what I've got here. The birds have been kind of jittery about landing on the feeder when I'm around, so I got a little clever and set up my camera on a tripod. I manual focused the feeder so that it was clearly in focus and then sat some distance away with my remote control. When the birds come, ta da! However, this bird (which would have been a cool shot had it been in focus) was not in focus, because it was flying in like this from behind the feeder (argh!). So... what do you do? Discard it and move on to the next one? (That probably would have been wise.) Instead, I decided to play around with my filters and see what I could find. The interesting part of this edit is the different lines that you see in the tail feathers (not to mention the array of colors...) The image is maybe a little bit psychedelic, looking like something that would have been hip back in the sixties and seventies. In the 20-teens? Who knows.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment