Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Butterfly-palooza Day 17: Zebra Longwing Butterfly (Dry Brush Filter)


I was going to name this post "Black and White Butterfly," when I thought, "Surely, I can do better than that!" So, I googled the image for similar images, only to have every butterfly under the sun pop up in the results. Next, I text searched for "black and white butterfly," only to have the image results laugh back at me: Did I want a black-and-white photograph of a butterfly? Or maybe some black-and-white butterfly coloring pages? However, there in the results was an option for black-and-white butterfly species. Bingo! Well, sort of. I found a similar butterfly to this one in the results, but someone only said that their butterfly was tropical and was located at some butterfly tourist place. Not a lot of help for identification. Finally, I stumbled on to something that called some butterflies "zebra" - and that's where I struck gold. Among the zebra butterflies, I found the Zebra Longwing, which matched the butterfly in my picture. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment