Saturday, August 29, 2015

Butterfly-palooza


I'm beginning to go through my summer butterfly photos from our visit to the Original Butterfly House on Mackinac Island. Identification of these butterflies will probably be a challenge, but thanks to the Google "search by similar image" feature, the challenge is a little bit more doable. (Their website does have a page with links to a variety of their butterflies.)

As best as I can tell, there are several swallowtail butterflies that look very similar to the one that is pictured here, at least in the shape of the upper wings swooping backward. I'm not quite sure that this is the Orchard Swallowtail butterfly, as it lacks some of the colorful markings in yellow, red, and blue near the bottom. (However, that seems to be my best guess at this point.) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment